By: Jon Meyer; Idaho Press Tribune
MERIDIAN Tom Hartman is proud to wear the Smashburger emblem and represent a restaurant that he says brings something unique to the Treasure Valley with its new location that opened Aug. 19 in Meridian.
Hartman, an operating partner for Smashburger, said he’s very proud of the product they offer to the local community.
“It just feels like a good fit. It’s a really business friendly environment, the state of Idaho. There’s already a lot of great local businesses … and we feel we can contribute something a little different.”
So what kind of product does Smashburger offer?
“What we provide is 100 percent certified Angus beef and a really unique cooking style: We smash the burger to sear in the juices and add some very special spices, and it just gives you a really good burger,” Hartman said.
The menu also features a burger and huckleberry shake specific to Idaho, and the Smashchicken, a chicken breast prepared much the same way and seared to perfection.
Hot dogs including a Chicago dog and chili cheese dog, and several salads also make appearances on the menu.
Hartman describes the feel of Smashburger’s interior as a ” kind of a hip urban lounge,” featuring both booths and tables.
“It’s very inviting, a comfortable atmosphere where you can come in, have a conversation and feel welcome,” he said.
- Classic Smashburger Comes with American cheese, special Smash sauce, lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, available in third- or half-pound, sizes, comes on an egg bun 1/3 pound – $4.99, ½ pound – $5.99
- Idaho Smashburger Served on a potato bun, comes with mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheddar cheese, topped with kettle chips 1/3 pound $4.99, ½ pound $5.99
- Create your own Smashburger or Smashchicken Available with your choice of buns, cheese, toppings, sauce, and dressing, literally create your own 1/3 pound – $4.99, ½ pound – 5.99, $6.49 for Smashchicken
- Huckleberry shake, handmade and hand blended on site, with Häagen-Dazs ice cream $3.99
- Smashfries tossed in olive oil with a hint of garlic and rosemary $1.79 with sandwich purchase