Terms and Conditions
Smashburger Terms & Conditions
Updated: March 20, 2017
Smashburger Servicing LLC and its affiliates, including but not limited to Smashburger IP Holder LLC and Smashburger Franchising LLC (collectively, “Smashburger,” “we,” or “our”) is pleased to provide the information on the smashburger.com website (the “Website”), on the Smashburger mobile application (“Mobile App”) and any other online services or programs where these Terms & Conditions are posted or linked (collectively, the “Online Services”). By using the Online Services, you agree to abide by the conditions set forth below. These terms apply to all content posted and uploaded on or in connection with all of our Online Services, including all online or social media forums or applications that we administer.
Restrictions on Use of Materials
You may print copies of the information on the Website for your own personal use, store the files on your computer for personal use. Remember that Smashburger owns the copyrights on all text and graphics and is the owner of all trademarks used on or in connection with the Online Services. This means that you may not distribute text or graphics to others without the express written consent of Smashburger. In addition, you may not, without our permission, copy and distribute this information, or modify or reuse our text or graphics. Smashburger reserves all rights not expressly granted in these Terms & Conditions.
United States Only
Unless otherwise specified, the Online Services are presented solely for the purposes of promoting Smashburger and its programs available in the United States, its territories, possessions and protectorates. Smashburger makes no representation that materials in the Online Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you access the Online Services from locations other than the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws.
All comments, suggestions, feedback, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, recipes or other information disclosed or offered to Smashburger through the Online Services or in response to solicitations in the Online Services (collectively “Feedback”) shall be deemed and shall remain the property of Smashburger. By submitting any Feedback, you consent to its use by Smashburger, including, but not limited to, its publication or placement on the Online Services. You understand and acknowledge that Smashburger has both internal resources and external resources which may have developed or may in the future develop ideas identical to or similar to the Feedback you may submit and Smashburger will only accept Feedback on these terms.
In addition, any Feedback you submit to Smashburger is not confidential and Smashburger assumes no obligation of confidentiality with regard to your Feedback. Without limitation, Smashburger shall exclusively own all rights in and to the Feedback and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Feedback.
Recent and Current Promotional Terms and Conditions
- PATRICK’S DAY SNAPCHAT GIVEAWAY
Snapchat user must be following Smashburger on Snapchat at Smash.Snaps in order to be eligible to redeem offer. Guest will be prompted to watch the Snapchat story and take a screenshot of the coupon. After screenshotting the coupon, the guest will redeem the BOGO coupon at any U.S. Smashburger restaurant between the dates of March 16, 2017 and March 19, 2017, by showing screenshot of coupon to Smashburger staff. Limit one coupon per person. Not valid with other offers or discounts. No photocopies. No cash value. Valid at participating locations only. © Smashburger IP Holder LLC.
VALENTINE’S DAY SNAPCHAT GIVEAWAYS
Snapchat user must be following Smashburger on Snapchat at Smash.Snaps in order to be eligible to redeem offer. Guest will be prompted to watch the Snapchat story and take a screenshot of the “valentine”/coupon. After screenshotting the coupon, the guest will redeem the Free Regular Side with Entrée Purchase coupon at any U.S. Smashburger restaurant between the dates of February 14, 2017 and February 15, 2017, and the BOGO coupon at any U.S. Smashburger restaurant between the dates of February 15, 2017 and February 16, 2017, by showing screenshot of coupon to Smashburger staff. Limit one coupon per person. Not valid with other offers or discounts. No photocopies. No cash value. Valid at participating locations only. © Smashburger IP Holder LLC.
Great Shake Debate Campaign
Great Shake Debate Rules
“Burger Confession” Video Snapchat Campaign
Snapchat user must be following Smashburger on Snapchat at Smash.Snaps in order to be eligible to partake in the Burger Confessions Video campaign. Guest will be prompted to watch the Snapchat story and submit their “burger confession” directly to Smashburger for a chance to be chosen to win 5 free entrée coupons. Up to 100 guests will be chosen at random from the Smashburger team. By submitting a Burger Confession to Smashburger, guest agrees to allow Smashburger to share their Burger Confession on Smashburger’s Social media channels during the month of May. 5 Lucky Smash Fans who submit a Burger Confession video will receive a FREE Entrée coupon (no purchase necessary) within one week of announcing the winners. Limit one per person. Not valid with other offers or discounts. No photocopies. No cash value. Valid at participating locations only. © Smashburger IP Holder LLC.
Luck Of The Smash – 7 Days Of Giveaways
The Luck Of The Smash Instagram campaign will start on Friday, March 11, 2016 at 12pm EST and will end at 10pm EST on March 17, 2016. During the duration of the campaign, Smashburger will post information about daily giveaways that fans following the brand on Instagram (@Smashburger) will be eligible to win. Each post will include information for how fans can partake in the giveaway. For each daily giveaway, winners will be randomly selected for the prize. Winners of each daily giveaway will be notified via Instagram comment on the post from the @Smashburger account by Smashburger’s Social Media Coordinator with information on claiming prize. Information on daily prizes will be made public at the time of the published post.
Valentine’s Day Snapchat Giveaway
Snapchat user must be following Smashburger on Snapchat at Smash.Snaps in order to be eligible to redeem offer. Guest will be prompted to watch the Snapchat story and take a screen shot of the “valentine”/ BOGO coupon. After screenshotting the coupon , the guest will redeem it at any U.S. Smashburger restaurant between the dates of February 13th 2016 – February 16th 2016 by showing screenshot of coupon to Smashburger staff. Guest will receive a Buy-One-Get-One Free entrée. Limit one per person. Not valid with other offers or discounts. No photocopies. No cash value. Valid at participating locations only. © Smashburger IP Holder LLC.
Opening Day Free Shake and Gift Card Giveaway
The first 50 people present who purchase an entree will receive one reusable Smashburger cup with two punch cards, 26 punches each. One cup with punch cards per family/group/check with any adult entrée purchased. You must be 18 to be eligible for the free cup/milkshake give-away. You must be present to receive the cup and punch cards. Each punch, or free milkshake, must be accompanied by an entrée purchase. Milkshakes for a year is equivalent to one shake for 52 weeks. You must have the punch card at the time of payment to receive the free shake. Free milkshake offer is not valid for online orders. Out of the first 50 guests, the first 10 guests will receive a gift card that is redeemable at participating Smashburger locations. 1 gift card per family/group/check. You must be 18 to be eligible for the gift card giveaway. You must be present to receive the gift card.
SMASH REWARDS™ TERMS & CONDITIONS
To view the Smash Rewards™ Terms & Conditions- Click Here
To view the Smash Rewards™ Text Message Service Terms & Conditions- Click Here
Sin City Survival Promotion Rules & Regulations
To view the Sin City Survival Promotion Rules & Regulations- Click Here
iHeart Radio Summer Pool Party Sweepstakes
To view the iHeart Radio Summer Pool Party Sweepstakes Rules & Regulations- Click Here
FREE BURGERS FOR A YEAR
A “Free Burgers For A Year” prize will include 52 Free Entrée Coupons to be valid for use on any SmashBurger, SmashChicken® Sandwich, Black Bean Burger, or fresh Salad at any United States Smashburger location. Coupons are valid for 1 year upon receiving prize. Free Entrée coupons are limited to one per person per visit. Not valid for alcohol sales. Not valid for online orders. Not valid with other offers or discounts. No photocopies. No cash value. Not valid for online orders. Taxes not included. © Smashburger IP Holder LLC.
BUY ONE GET ONE FREE COUPON
Valid only at participating Smashburger® locations. Limit one per person per visit. No photocopies. No cash value. Free entrée valid only with purchase of another Smashburger entrée at time of purchase. © Smashburger IP Holder LLC.
FREE ENTRÉE COUPON
Limit one per person. Not valid with other offers or discounts. No photocopies. No cash value. Valid at participating locations only. © Smashburger IP Holder LLC.
FREE SIDE WITH THE PURCHASE ON AN ENTRÉE
Limit one per person. Not valid with other offers or discounts. No photocopies. No cash value. Valid at participating locations only. Free side coupon only valid with purchase of another entree. An entrée includes any Smashburger, SmashChicken® or Salad . © Smashburger IP Holder LLC.
HALF-PRICED HAAGEN DAZS® SHAKE
Valid only at participating Smashburger® locations. Limit one per person per visit. Value of promotional items may vary. Not valid with other offers or discounts. No photocopies. No cash. No substitutions. © Smashburger IP Holder LLC.
GIFT CARD TERMS & CONDITIONS
Your Smashburger® card may only be used for making purchases at participating Smashburger® restaurants in the U.S. or online on our website. Card has no value until purchased and activated. It cannot be redeemed for cash unless required by law. The value of this card will not be replaced if the card is damaged, lost, or stolen. For card or balance information visit www.smashburger.com/giftcards or call 1-303-633-1500. © Smashburger IP Holder LLC.
Rewards Terms and Conditions
Please review our Rewards Terms and Conditions incorporated in this document.
Text Message Services Terms and Conditions
Please review our Rewards and SmashClub Text Message Service Terms and Conditions incorporated in this document.
In order to use Online Services made available through the Mobile App, you must have a compatible mobile device; Smashburger does not warrant that the Mobile App will be compatible with your mobile device.
If you access the Mobile App using an Apple iOS or Android powered device, Apple Inc. or Google, Inc., and its subsidiaries, respectively, shall be a third-party beneficiary to this contract and you agree that these third-party beneficiaries have the right to enforce these Terms & Conditions against you. However, these third-party beneficiaries are not a party to these Terms & Conditions and are not responsible for the provision or support of the Mobile App. You agree that your access to the Mobile App also shall be subject to the usage terms set forth in the applicable third-party beneficiary’s terms of service.
The Mobile App may automatically download and install updates from time to time or require the downloading and installation of updates or new versions for continued use. You acknowledge and agree that in some instances updates and/or new versions may reduce or remove features and functionality in prior versions of the Mobile App.
The Mobile App and all content, information, and other materials featured, displayed, contained, and available on or through the Mobile App is owned by or licensed to Smashburger and is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, and/or other intellectual property laws. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Smashburger grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, use, display, and download the Mobile App for noncommercial purposes only. You may not otherwise copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, modify, create derivative works from, sell, or exploit, in whole or in part, the Mobile App or the content available through the Mobile App.
The materials in all Online Services are provided “AS IS,” and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Smashburger DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SMASHBURGER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THESE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
SMASHBURGER DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULT OF THE USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICES, OR ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN, IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
Limitations of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL SMASHBURGER BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES (DIRECT OR INDIRECT) WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ONLINE SERVICES (INCLUDING MODIFICATION OR TERMINATION OF THE ONLINE SERVICES), THE CONTENT, REWARDS, OR THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS, WHETHER OR NOT SMASHBURGER MAY HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT ANY SUCH DAMAGES MIGHT OR COULD OCCUR AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.
Gift Card Terms and Conditions
Your Smashburger gift card may only be used for making purchases at participating Smashburger restaurants in the U.S. or online on our website. Card has no value until purchased and activated. The value of this card will not be replaced if the card is damaged, lost, or stolen. Purchases are deducted from gift card balance. Any unused balance will remain associated with gift card for future use. If purchase exceeds gift card balance, the remaining amount must be paid with another payment method. Gift cards cannot be used to purchase other gift cards. Gift cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value or redeemed for cash, except to the extent required by law. Gift Cards cannot be used for previously purchased goods or services. Gift cards are not credit or debit cards. Smashburger reserves the right to void a gift card if we suspect that it was obtained in a fraudulent, unauthorized or unlawful manner, or used or applied to purchases that are fraudulent, unauthorized, unlawful or otherwise in violation of these Terms & Conditions. Smashburger gift cards do not expire. No fees apply to gift cards. When you purchase, receive or apply a Gift Card to a purchase, you agree that the laws of the State of Arizona, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern any dispute that may arise between you and Smashburger related to your use of a gift card. For card or balance information visit www.smashburger.com/giftcards or call 1-303-633-1500.
Smashburger reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions and those terms that govern its gift cards, from time to time in our discretion. These Terms & Conditions are applicable to the extent permitted by law. If any of these Terms & Conditions are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that unenforceable term will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining terms and conditions.
If you have any questions regarding the Website, Mobile App, Rewards and/or these Terms and Conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rewards Terms and Conditions
Updated: March 20, 2017
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS PROMOTIONAL PROGRAM, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED HEREIN AND ALL TERMS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to your access to, and participation in, the Rewards program that is offered by Smashburger Marketing Fund Trust (“Smashburger”) in participating Smashburger® restaurants in the United States (“Rewards”). These Terms and Conditions do not alter in any way the terms or conditions of any other agreement you may have with Smashburger or its affiliates for products, services or otherwise. Smashburger reserves the right to change, modify and/or eliminate Rewards and/or these Terms and Conditions or any policy, FAQ, or guideline pertaining to Rewards at any time and in its sole discretion. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting the revisions to www.smashburger.com, and you waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications. Your participation in Rewards confirms your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and any such changes or modifications; therefore, you should review these Terms and Conditions and applicable policies frequently to make sure you are aware of the most current terms and conditions that apply to Rewards. If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions, you must stop participating in Rewards.
- Eligibility: In order to join Rewards, you must be an individual and at least 18 years of age. Corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, trusts, or other legal entities are not permitted to enroll. Each Rewards member may have only one account linked to a unique email address or phone number. Employees of Smashburger, and its parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in Rewards.
- Rewards is one way in which Smashburger endeavors to reward and thank loyal customers for patronizing participating Smashburger® restaurants. Members of Rewards are able to accumulate points that can be redeemed for program benefits, also known as “Rewards,” at participating Smashburger® restaurants in the U.S. Unfortunately, not all restaurants have the ability to honor Rewards at this time. While points will not be rewarded for the purchase of Smashburger® gift cards, points will be rewarded for purchases paid for with Smashburger® gift cards.
- To enroll in Rewards and start accumulating points, please enroll as provided below.
- Joining Through the Mobile Application (“Mobile App”):
- Download the Mobile App from either Google Play or the Apple Store by searching for “Smashburger” on your smart phone; and
- Create an account by submitting your name, phone number, email address, date of birth and password.
- Joining through Facebook within the Mobile App:
- Download the Mobile App from either Google Play or the Apple Store by searching for “Smashburger” on your smart phone;
- Click the “Sign up with Facebook” option — if you are not logged into Facebook through your smartphone, the App will prompt you to do so at that time;
- By joining and using the program through Facebook, you hereby release Facebook from any and all liability in connection with Rewards. You also acknowledge that the Mobile App and Rewards are not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing information to Smashburger by joining the program, not to Facebook.
- Joining Through the Smashburger Website:
- visit smashburger.com and provide your email address in the “Join the SmashClub” box; OR
- visit http://smashburger.com/smashclub/ and create an account by submitting your name, email address, and date of birth.
- Joining at a Smashburger Restaurant:
- visit a participating Smashburger® restaurant.
- You will be invited to provide your phone number or email address at the point of sale and your phone number or email address will become your account number for purposes of tracking the points you accumulate.
- If you provide your phone number, you are not required to opt in to receive text messages to join the Rewards program.
- When you enroll, regardless of method, you agree to (1) provide accurate, current, and complete information about yourself, and (2) maintain and promptly update your information to keep it accurate, current, and complete. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information, including your password, and for all activity that occurs under your account. You agree to notify Smashburger immediately of any unauthorized use of your account information, or any other breach of security.
- If any information you provide Smashburger is not accurate or complete, we may block you from enrolling in the Rewards program, or we may cancel your account in the Rewards program. Each person may only have one Rewards account. If Smashburger finds that you have created multiple Rewards accounts, we may cancel any or all of your accounts. Further, Smashburger may refuse to allow you to re-enroll in the Rewards program.
- Smashburger will use your contact information to keep in touch with you in the ways you select when you enroll. If your contact information changes, or if you wish to change your contact information or the method by which we send you messages (e.g. start having messages sent to your mobile phone number), please log onto the App or the Smashburger website and update your contact information or preferences.
- The benefits that are available to you through Rewards are based on the number of points that you earn. You can accumulate points by providing your account number when making purchases at participating Smashburger® restaurants. You will receive one point for each dollar you spend (as calculated pre-sales tax).
- If you do not add points to your account for more than one year after the last date on which you added points to your account, your point balance will automatically reset to zero (although your account may still remain active).
- If you accumulate at least 100 points, a Reward in the amount of $10 will be automatically added to your account (and the corresponding 100 points will be automatically deducted from your account). The Reward may be redeemed at any participating Smashburger® restaurant. Any Reward that is added to your account must be redeemed by the expiration date stated on the Reward.
- There are no membership fees associated with Rewards. Points and Rewards accumulated under the program are promotional and have no cash value.
- Your points and Rewards, and your account under Rewards, are personal to you and may not be sold, transferred or assigned to, or shared with family, friends or others.
- Smashburger reserves the right to terminate your account and/or your participation in Rewards if Smashburger determines in its sole discretion that you have violated these Terms and Conditions, you have more than one account, or that the use of your account is unauthorized, deceptive, fraudulent or otherwise unlawful.
- Smashburger also reserves the right to terminate and make ineligible for the Rewards program any account that has been inactive for two consecutive years. Inactive is defined as no points earned.
- Smashburger reserves the right to terminate, discontinue, modify or cancel the Rewards program at any time and in its sole discretion without notice to you.
- Smashburger assumes no liability for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider / Internet / web site / use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention.
- Smashburger will make a good faith effort to ensure any active accounts and accumulated points under previous rewards or loyalty programs will be transferred into the current Rewards program at a generally equivalent value. If you have any questions regarding a previous account with Smashburger, please contact email@example.com.
- By accepting Rewards, you agree to release and hold harmless Smashburger and its affiliates and their respective licensees, affiliates, merchant partners, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, use or misuse of the Rewards. This program is void where prohibited by law.
- Joining Through the Mobile Application (“Mobile App”):
Smashburger Text Message Services
Terms & Conditions
Updated: May 15, 2017
By signing up for the SmashClub™ text message service (the “Service”), you (i) acknowledge and represent to the Smashburger Marketing Fund Trust and its affiliates (collectively, “Smashburger”) that you are at least 18 years old and owner or authorized user of the mobile phone(s) that you link to the Service; (ii) agree to receive text messages from Smashburger, which may be sent via automated means, to the mobile phone number(s) you provide; (iii) understand that you are not required to provide consent to receive text messages via the Service as a condition of purchasing any goods or services; and (iv) expressly agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, including without limitation, any terms incorporated herein by reference (“Agreement”). If you do not consent to the terms of this Agreement, you must immediately cease using the Service and contact us as provided below.
Smashburger may, at any time, revise or modify this Agreement or impose new conditions for use of the Service. Such changes, revisions, or modifications shall be effective immediately upon notice to you, which may be given by any means including, without limitation, posting on our website or by email. Any use of the Service by you after such notice shall constitute your acceptance of such changes, revisions, or modifications.
Content is not available on all carriers. The Service is available on the carriers listed below, as of date of the last update of this Agreement set forth above. The Service may not be compatible with all cell phone models.
- Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile*, U.S. Cellular, Boost Mobile, and Virgin Mobile.
- Additional carriers: Advantage Cellular (DTC Wireless), Aio Wireless, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Carolina West Wireless, CellCom, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Arizona, Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Chariton Valley Cellular, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), Cricket, Cross, C-Spire (CellSouth), Duet IP (Maximum Communications New Core Wireless), Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Google Voice, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Metro PCS, Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), MTA Communications, MTPCS (Cellular One Nation), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Peoples Wireless, Pine Cellular, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), RINA, Sagebrush Cellular (Nemont), Simmetry (TMP Corporation), SI Wireless/Mobile Nation, SouthernLine, SRT Wireless, Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
*T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- What is the SmashClub™ Service and how many text messages will I receive?
SmashClub™ is a Smashburger® marketing program. Text messages will only be sent to the mobile phone number used to opt into the program. We will not send more than 5 messages per month to your mobile phone number in connection with the SmashClub™ Service.
- How do I sign up for the SmashClub™ Service?
Sign up for the Rewards Service by downloading the Smashburger mobile application, by visiting smashburger.com/smashclub, or by visiting smashburger.com.
- Is it free?
Message and data rates may apply. Although Smashburger does not charge you for sending or receiving text messages, you may be charged by your carrier depending upon your text message plan.
- How do I opt out of receiving SmashClub™ text messages?
To stop receiving SmashClub™ text messages from Smashburger, text STOP. Once your telephone number is removed from our system, you will receive a final confirmation message and no further messages will be sent to your mobile phone unless you opt back into the SmashClub™ Service.
- What if I want more information?
To request more information about SmashClub™, simply text HELP. Texting HELP will return a message with additional information about the SmashClub™ Service. In addition, you may obtain additional information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 303-633-1500.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Smashburger and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and service providers (collectively, the “Smashburger Parties”) harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, losses, damages, judgments, awards, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or resulting from your use of the Service.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AND SMASHBURGER HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SMASHBURGER DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SMASHBURGER WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DELAYS IN THE RECEIPT OF ANY TEXT MESSAGES, AS DELIVERY IS SUBJECT TO THE EFFECTIVE TRANSMISSION FROM YOUR CARRIER AND/OR NETWORK OPERATOR. THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY IN JURISDICTIONS THAT DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE SMASHBURGER PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE OR ANY TEXT MESSAGE CONTENT, WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE SMASHBURGER PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.
Governing Law; Jurisdiction and Venue
This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or related to this Agreement, its subject matter, or its formation (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Service shall be instituted exclusively in the federal or state courts located in Denver, Colorado. You agree to waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
If you have any questions about the Service or this Agreement, email us at email@example.com, or write to us at:
Smashburger Marketing Fund Trust
3900 East Mexico Avenue, Suite 1200
Denver, CO 80210
Last Updated: March 20, 2017
Types of Information We Collect
Smashburger does not require visitors to submit personal information (meaning information about a visitor that can uniquely identify the visitor) to Smashburger while visiting the Smashburger Website; however, we do require visitors to submit personal information to register for specific online promotions or to participate in certain rewards programs, online programs, surveys, or other transactions or activities. On any particular registration page for the Online Services, we may request personal information such as the visitor’s date of birth, gender, email address, telephone number, and/or other contact and demographic information related to the particular promotion, program, survey, or transaction.
When you visit the Smashburger Website, we may also collect certain non-personal information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We may also use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about user traffic on the Smashburger Website. The information we may collect by automated means may include, but is not limited to, the following:
• information about the devices you use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
• dates, times, and duration of visits to the Smashburger Website (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor); and
• information on actions taken on the Smashburger Website (such as page views and site navigation patterns).
In addition, various browsers offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option which sends a signal to websites’ visited by a user about the user’s browser DNT preference setting. Smashburger does not currently respond to browsers’ DNT signals with respect to the Smashburger Website, in part, because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators, including no consistent standard of interpreting user intent. Smashburger takes privacy and meaningful choice seriously and will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
Mobile applications and mobile versions of the Smashburger Website may collect precise information about the location of your mobile device using location awareness technologies such as GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or cell tower proximity. Smashburger uses this information for location-based services that you request such as locating nearby Smashburger restaurants or identifying special offers that may be of interest to you, or personalizing your interactions with Smashburger. For most mobile devices, you are able to withdraw your permission for us to acquire this information on your location through the device settings. If you have questions about how to disable your mobile device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile device service provider or the device manufacturer. If you would like us to delete location information we have collected, please contact us at the email or postal address listed below. Please note that the applications may not function properly following deletion, and that we may be required by law to retain certain information.
In addition to the information described above, we and our third-party service providers may collect additional information when you utilize any of our mobile applications, including the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID), the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use our mobile applications.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use your information to:
• register you for an account on the Online Services, including a Rewards or other loyalty program account, and manage and maintain your account;
• administer surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions through our Online Services or through social media;
• provide you with products and services you request;
• send you emails or other information or materials you request;
• respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
• communicate with you about our and our affiliates’ products, services, offers, and promotions;
• operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer; and
• comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
Smashburger might also use your personal information, alone or in combination with the information submitted by other users, to improve the Online Service’s navigation or infrastructure and in internal marketing analyses or reviews. In addition, we may use the information collected through cookies to identify and authenticate visitors so that we can provide more customized information and services to visitors, and to improve and update our sites, products, and services. We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We may disclose aggregated information about visitors without restriction. Smashburger does not sell, rent, individually post, or otherwise disclose any personal information about visitors to unrelated third parties for marketing purposes. However, the personal information that you provide will be available to Smashburger, our affiliates, agents, representatives, franchisees, and trusted service providers and contractors, as appropriate, to be used for the purposes indicated at the time you voluntarily provide such personal information and to support our business.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to (1) comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, and/or (2) if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Smashburger, Online Services visitors, or others.
We offer you the following choices about what information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Cookies. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Smashburger Website’s features.
Promotional Emails. If we have sent you a marketing email, you may choose not to receive additional marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each email. Upon receipt and processing of an opt-out request, Smashburger will, within a commercially reasonable amount of time, remove your information from any email lists used to provide you with special offers from Smashburger or its affiliates in the future.
Web Analytics. You may opt-out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on the Smashburger Website by our web analytics vendor by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Online Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into your account on the Online Services and visiting your account profile page.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Online Services is not directed to, and Smashburger does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.