At Smashburger, our commitment to the health and well-being of our guests, team members and the communities in which we serve is extremely important to us. We pride ourselves in serving great tasting food, while adhering to the highest standards of customer service, which include food safety and cleanliness. I wanted to personally let you know we are carefully monitoring the COVID-19 situation and are monitoring updates and guidance from health agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization, for guidance.
Safety is our top priority, with making every bite a better burger a close second. We have implemented advanced measures across all Smashburger restaurants to protect our guests during this time of heightened concern. We have increased the health and safety protocols in place, as recommended by the CDC, including:
- Replacement of silverware and tumblers with single-use flatware and paper cups across all locations
- Tamper evident labels are used on all to go and delivery orders to seal for freshness and safety
- Morning and nightly sanitation procedures for dining room, restroom, kitchen and other facilities
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of communal areas every 30 minutes
- Additional access to handwashing facilities for team members and guests
- Continuous food safety and illness identification training for team members, with ongoing reinforcement on a daily basis
- Communicating illness prevention practices to our team members to stop the spread of bacteria, including:
- Stay home when sick
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Follow proper respiratory cough etiquette
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
We will continue to adjust our operations according to the recommendations of health authorities as we actively monitor the ongoing impact of COVID-19. Bringing people together over food has always been our passion at Smashburger, and we remain committed to providing a safe and quality dining experience to our guests. While our locations currently remain open for business to serve you our delicious burgers, we understand some of you may prefer to stay at home. Rest assured, our online ordering and delivery services remain available to suit your needs.
We look forward to serving you during a casual night out or an evening at home, especially at this time when we could all use a little comfort in our lives. We send well wishes to all and will keep those who have been affected by COVID-19 in our thoughts. Stay safe.
President of Smashburger